Beacon is keenly aware of insurers’ actions, both intentional and inadvertent, that lead to delayed, denied and reduced payments. Because of this challenge, Beacon has developed a well-staffed and trained group of insurance specialists (each dedicated to a single large insurer or several smaller insurers) that follow disciplined protocols to deal with all payment issues. Using computer-based work flows and work queues, our specialists continually pursue claims until provider services are properly paid.
Beacon’s comprehensive billing services include:
- Physician credentialing administration
- Insurer contract negotiation assistance and administration
- Fee schedule development
- Insurance and demographic verification
- Electronic billing and remittance processing
- Secondary claims submission
- Bi-lingual customer service
- Third party payer and collection follow-up
- Timely refunding of excess payments
- Insurance underpayment and denial management; resubmissions and appeals
- Patient complaint reviews
- Analysis of client financial and provider productivity reports to identify opportunities for improvement.